I have studied in a variety of countries in Europe acquiring a culturally sensitive mindset which I aspire to incorporate into my practice. My academic background and training consists of a wide-ranging education:
- in-training (2021-2023): Sex counsellor & therapist
(NACS-accredited, Sexpo, Finland)
- 4-year post-graduate training in Gestalt therapy
(Gestalt Institute of Scandinavia, Denmark)
- Master's degree in Clinical Psychology
(Leiden University, Netherlands)
- Master's degree in Research Psychology
(University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Master's degree in Sociology
(University of Turku, Finland)
I have lived most of my adult life abroad. Therefore, I have personally witnessed the many challenges and troubles related to the life of an expat.
I have experience working with people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds.
I did my clinical psychologist work placement in a closed prison, where I worked with inmates.
My Master's thesis in clinical psychology focused on psychotherapy treatment outcome
and feedback systems among adult clients.
My final thesis in Gestalt therapy focused on attachment theory
and how it affects and appears in adult close relationships
I believe all 'maladaptive behaviors', whether manifested in one's life through stress, isolation, addiction, depression, anxiety or various 'disorders' (eg. personality or eating disorders), are merely creative adjustments to one's environment. In my work, the goal is to become aware of these patterns and behaviors, how they emerge in the relational field in the present moment. I have several concepts of interest in addition to attachment, such as identity/self and gender, creativity/self-expression, self-confidence and sexuality. I'm passionate about music, gaming and research of altered states of consciousness.
My 4-year Gestalt therapy education is certified by EAP (European Association of Psychotherapy), EAGT (European Association for Gestalt Therapy) and PF (Danish Psychotherapist Association). For more info about Gestalt therapy, please click here
.Some areas of interest/specialization:
- personal, relationship and career changes and difficulties (integration and culture)
- adult attachment (styles & patterns), close relationship and family dynamics
- identity, gender, sexuality, body, self-expression and creativity
- stress, anxiety, burnout, perfectionism, procrastination, panic attacks and phobias
- depression, isolation, addiction, eating disorders and personality disorders
- music and gaming